LICENSING YOUR DOG
Owners of dogs seven (7) months of age and older residing within the Township of Holmdel are required to purchase an annual dog license. The licensing year is January 1 through December 31.
$18.00 - Neutered or spayed
$21.00 - Non-neutered or non-spayed
2021 License Renewal deadline is Monday, February 1. The Tax Office must receive your payment on or before February 1 to avoid a late fee. Payments received after February 1 will be assessed a late fee of $5.00 per month until the dog's license is renewed.
Required Documents to License
Proof of rabies vaccination***
- Proof of neutering (to receive the $3.00 discount / lower licensing fee)
- Owner's name, address and phone number
- Dog's name, gender, age, breed, color, hair type (long, medium or short)
*** Proof of vaccination must be from a licensed veterinarian and the duration of immunity from the vaccination must extend through October 31st of the licensing year.
An exemption from the vaccination requirement will be granted with written certification from a licensed veterinarian that the dog cannot be vaccinated due to a medical condition or course of therapy.
Payment Options while Town Hall is closed to the Public:
- Checks made payable to Holmdel Township.
- Drop your payment off in the Drop Box located to the left of the front doors of Town Hall, 4 Crawfords Corner Road. Licensing tag and receipt will be mailed to you.
- Mail payments to Holmdel Township Dog Licensing, 4 Crawfords Corner Road, Holmdel, NJ 07733. Licensing tag and receipt will be mailed to you.
- Payment must be received by the Township on or before January 31st in order to avoid a late penalty.