The Township's Zoning Officer is responsible for administering and enforcing Zoning Ordinances under the Township Code, Chapter 30 - Development Regulations. The Zoning Officer has overall responsibility for the administrative oversight of all applications for land development and zoning permits including:
- Review all Master Plan and Zoning ordinance Revisions
- Review all plot plans, subdivision layouts, surveys, site plans and building plans of new structures and additions for compliance with land use regulations
- Review proposed projects for compliance with Municipal Land Use Law and consult with the applicants, their professionals and township board members and professionals regarding all development within the township
- Sends a representative to attend Zoning Board of Adjustment and Planning Board meetings as needed
- Enforcement of Township zoning laws through the Zoning Officer and Code Enforcement Officer.
Residential work that requires a Zoning Permit
Commercial work that requires a Zoning Permit
- New Business
- Tenant Fit-Ups
- Business Signs
- All other Commercial Work
How to File a Zoning Permit
If you are looking to conduct any work listed above (Residential or Commercial), you must complete a Zoning Permit Application online. You must upload detailed plans and a current survey to scale. Click here for a list of Zoning Permit Fees.
PLEASE NOTE THAT A ZONING APPLICATION IS IN ADDITION TO A CONSTRUCTION PERMIT APPLICATION THAT MAY BE REQUIRED UNDER THE UNIFORM CONSTRUCTION CODE. YOU MAY NEED TO APPLY WITH THE BUILDING DEPARTMENT FOR A CONSTRUCTION PERMIT IN ADDITION TO FILING YOUR ZONING PERMIT.
Payments must be included with your Zoning Application. Click here to access Zoning Fees.
All businesses, prior to operating within the Township of Holmdel, are required to obtain a Zoning Commencement of Use Approval. Click here to complete a Zoning Commencement of Use Application online.
Zoning Map of the Township of Holmdel
For information and important documents related to Holmdel's stormwater management, visit: Stormwater Management Page